How To Protect Your Android Device From Hackers
Lots of news from the Android security front.
Malware and Spyware seem to be increasing, and it makes sense. Android is used on over 1 Billion devices. It’s by far the most widely used mobile operating system.
Hackers like going for big targets. And a Bil+ devices is huge.
How to Protect your Android device from Hackers?
(Not an exhaustive list, but a good start)
- Ensure that you have already opted into Google Play Protect (see https://helpprotect.me/2017/07/26/great-news-for-1-billion-android-users/ for details).
- Download and install apps only from the official Play Store.
- Enable ‘verify apps’ feature from settings.
- Protect their devices with pin or password lock.
- Keep “unknown sources” disabled unless absolutely necessary.
- Keep your device always up-to-date with the latest security patches.
More to come. Stay safe out there!